0The Statistics Green Team
Members (random order): Dan Nettleton (dnett), Edith Landin (eel), Erin Buchanan (ebuchana), Eunice Kim (ekim), Heike Hofmann (hofmann), Jeanette Lagrange (jeanette), Justin Funk (funkju), Karsten Maurer (karstenm), Meng Tian Ye (mengtian), Misha Rajaram (mishar), Petrutza Caragea (pcaragea), Reka Howard (howardr), Russ Hoffman (russh), Ted Peterson (cpterson), Wang Li (firowang)
- Hot water: a task assigned to us
- students and staff have asked for hot water on demand for tea, etc.
- there are microwaves in first floor commons, second floor reading room, and Denise's third floor office (available during working hours)
- Culligan System: water cooler? rental 9.95/mo; water bottles $6 (+$7 deposit)
- is a microwave the best way to heat water?
- Use the stairs!!: Nettleton suggestion research
- office energy usage:
- plug meters available from LAS Green Team to collect data
- electronics, including computers, only used when office occupied to a power strip and encourage people to switch off when they leave each day
- overhead lights more than needed; how to encourage turning off overhead lights in offices
- coffee makers
- microwave: uses 800W when working, but draws 3W when inactive
- Lights: reprogram
- Vending machines: install vending misers
Snedecor Energy Usage
: electricity, steam, and chilled water usage
Snedecor Energy Plan
: operation times, temperature set points, rules of operation.
Live Green Loan Fund
: apply for money to fund projects that will pay for themselves within 5 yrs.
Bill Diesslin's tips for saving energy in the office
: lots of information about green happenings on campus