This is an old revision of Fall2007
from 2009-08-18 16:43:15.
- [2007-12-23]: Grades posted on WebCT? and to registrar. Sorry for the delay, but I was without internet access and then trapped several days in Detroit Metro Airport (no fun!). Graded and heavily commented term project presentations/reports are available outside Science II 534 (only one copy per group). Also, your class presentation evaluations are available under your project wiki page.
- [2007-12-21]: Grades are currently non-report.
- [2007-12-14 13:46]: Project 2 grades posted on WebCT? (out of 20 for no good reason). You can pick up graded project 2, oral evaluations from classmates, or homework 5 outside Science II 534 office.
- [2007-12-12 16:05]: Graded homework 5 available for pick-up outside my Science II 534 office.
- [2007-12-11 18:26]: Homework 5 grades posted to WebCT?. Solutions posted.
- [2007-12-07 10:40]: You may download self and peer evaluation form from the term project page?.
- [2007-12-06]: Today and preceding days there have been continual updates of ProjectTwo page, with more explicit details, review of lecture, etc.
- [2007-11-7 12:59]: HW4 grades were posted on webCT yesterday.
- [2007-10-30 17:00]: HW3 grades are on webCT. Sorry for forgetting to announce it. Emails with comments to go to those with points deducted. Total possible score: 20. Extra credit of 3 points possible.
- [2007-10-24 3:00]: Office hours today are canceled (I am stuck in Des Moines). Very sorry for the late notice and poor warning (no email available). Please email me with questions or see me tomorrow morning at 10 for office hours. Sorry!
- [2007-10-20 6:37]: Argh, project 1, part 4 was sloppily written. The speed/user relationship is inversely proportional (not directly proportional). Wording corrections made.
- Old News
- Homework 1: Due 9/14/07 except for Problem 1 due 9/28/07 (see examples? for Problem 1) [ Grades ] [ Solutions ]
- Homework 2: Due 9/28/07 by midnight if delivered electronically, 5pm if delivered on paper to Science II 534 [ Solutions ]
- Project 1: Due 10/22/07 by 12am Updated!!
- Term Projects?: samples from previous years posted
- Homework 3: Due 10/12/07 by midnight [ Solutions ]
- Homework 4: Due 11/02/07 by 5:00 to Rm 533 Science II, or by midnight if e-mailed to email@example.com. Feel free to e-mail me with questions or to set up an appointment. The notes have also been updated, with changes in color. In problem 3 of the HW, lambda is equal to 1, not 2 Aside for Problem 3 [Solutions]
- Homework 5: Due 11/26/07 by midnight. [Solutions]
- Project 2: Due 12/11/07
- Download R!
- logout of data generator
- Recommended books:
- Probability theory and random variables:
- A First Course in Probability by Sheldon Ross
- Statistical Inference:
- Statistical Inference by Casella and Berger
- [specific to CS AI Empirical Methods for Artificial Intelligence by P. R. Cohen
- Experimental design:
- Design and Analysis of Experiments by Montgomery
- Regression and ANOVA:
- Applied Linear Statistical Models by Neter, Wasserman, and Kunter
- Linear Models in Statistics by Alvin C. Rencher
- Stochastic Processes / Probability Models:
- Introduction to Probability Models by Sheldon M. Ross
- A First Course in Stochastic Processes by Karlin & Taylor
- Recommended online resources:
- How to edit this Wiki: Also, to see MathML? in this wiki, please use Mozilla Firefox .