- [2009-11-08] HW3 solutions posted
- [2009-11-03] HW3 updated to include additional practice problem, not to be turned in for credit.
- [2009-10-27] Midterm solutions
- [2009-10-24] Exam grades posted (max 93, median 83, mean 74). The grade distribution is bimodal. Anyone is welcome to come to office hours, of course, but I highly encourage those of you in the second mode to identify what you've missed and come have me explain it again.
- [2009-10-23] HW3 posted.
- [2009-10-21] power.pdf is the power handout I emailed to the class last night
- [2009-10-21] added some pretty figures to HW2 #4(g) answer (because I was curious); one file of lecture notes has been updated to correct for mis-named power (p. 25) and pervasive mis-use of \alpha as confidence level (all these errors have been questioned or mentioned in class)
- [2009-10-20] Special Dorman office hours: Wednesday 9-10 in Science II 534.
- [2009-10-20] Complete HW2 solutions.
- [2009-10-20] Partial HW2 solutions posted; more later.
- [2009-10-11] Presentations from previous years
- [2009-10-09] Midterm exam postponed until 10/22
- [2009-10-09] Notes for 2009-10-08 lecture added.
- [2009-10-08] HW1 solutions posted, along with some R code (see below).
- [2009-10-08] HW2 updated, changes in red. There is some non-trivial coding. Don't wait until the last minute 3(c), 3(d), 4(d), and 4(e), in particular. Ask if you know what you want to do, but need coding advice.
- [2009-10-07] Notes added for 2009-10-06 lecture.
- [2009-10-07] Notes updated after proofread. Best seen in combined file, where all cross-referencing works.
- [2009-10-07] Some notes posted.
- [2009-10-01] HW2 posted. Let me know of errors and questions.
- [2009-10-01] HW1 due Monday @ 9am, by email or paper (to Snedecor 2411).
- [2009-09-29] instructor office hours: F 9am in Science II 534
- [2009-09-24] HW1 posted again, new content in red and last problem.
- [2009-09-21] Some notes for last few lectures. Beware, there are some typos.
- [2009-09-20] HW1
- [2009-09-15] Yew-Meng Koh holds office hours Tuesdays 2-4pm in Snedecor 3205.
- [2009-09-11] Xiaoyong's R notes
- [2009-09-10] Review exam grades posted on WebCT .
- [2009-09-09] Review exam mean 51, with quartiles 40 and 62. There were ~2 questions that were poorly asked or poorly answered in Stat 341 notes, so those were freebies. Therefore, the total points is about 70. solutions
- [2009-09-09] Tomorrow's class to be held in Snedecor 3121.
- [2009-09-05] What will be on the exam?
|What will the exam cover?||What will it not cover?|
|random experiments, events||maximum likelihood|
|probability: function, axioms, properties||the software R|
|conditional probability, independence, LTP, Bayes||simulation|
|random variables: pmf, cdf, pdf||moment generating functions|
|named distributions (discrete and continuous)||descriptive statistics (first section)|
|multiple random variables, joint distributions, independence, conditional distribution|
- [2009-09-03] You may prepare a cheat sheet for the exam next Tuesday. You can actually use as many sheets as you want but no worked problems, proofs, examples, no questions with answers, just facts, formulae, and definitions. You will turn in your cheat sheet(s) with your completed exam, and rules will be enforced. If you have questions about what can and cannot be included, please ask me.
- [2009-09-03] TA office hours Friday 2-3pm in Snedecor 3219; Instructor office hours Friday 9-10 in Snedecor 2411 (this is a change from original announcement).
- [2008-08-31] First extra review session will be for one hour on Tuesday 2-3 or 3-4 (the hour will repeat) in Snedecor 3205.
- [2008-08-27] Doodle poll for review session(s). Please sign up!
- [2009-08-25] The probability review exam on September 8th covers the materials in "Notes from Stat341", excluding material on R (we'll get to R later). I will try to cover the material I think is most challenging, but please review it on your own, test yourself with the homeworks and exams from Stat 341, and ask me about what confuses you.
- [2009-08-25] Syllabus
- [2009-08-18] Web page inaugurated